Scenery: Shell Chapel at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (Indiana)

This was taken the day I graduated with my Bachelor Degree in Science from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College in Indiana. The chapel itself is made completely from various shapes and sizes of sea shells and fossils. Each one is cemented in. When the sun shines through to the alter, they give off colors of lights. It is so unique and just a true testimony to God's creations.

By katiedid

I've been collecting sea shells all my life, and I would love to see this Chapel. It sounds wonderful.

Thank you for sharing the photo, and Congratulations on your Graduation. Wishing you the best of luck now.

Pookarina

Was this in Indianapolis ? If so, I use to ride my horses there all through the woods as a kid. Beautiful place. Jenny

I grew up in and around Indianapolis, and never knew this beautiful chapel existed! Thanks so much for sharing it with us all. And I second what Pookarina said, congrats on your degree!

Indianapolis Skyline
Indiana Frugal Travel Guide and Photos
Photos SceneryJanuary 31, 2011
A girl working on online college courses using a laptop.
Taking Online College Courses
Pink piggy bank wearing graduation cap with money in the slot.
Saving Money for College
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Indiana Christmas Charities
covered bridge
Parke County, Indiana Frugal Travel Guide
🎄