DustingCleaning

Tips for Dusting

I keep having this recurring cleaning issue. Every time I wipe down surfaces, be it with a wash cloth or a sponge or even a wipe, it loosens up all of this fuzzy/lint stuff that's impossible to pick up using said cloth!

I have been using a paper towel to clean up after I clean up, but then I'm wasting paper towels and time. Any tips? Also, does anyone have any tips for keeping cleaning wipes moist over long periods of storage, besides making sure the container is tightly sealed?
Thanks!

By Jennie from Tempe,AZ

Using microfiber cloths will eliminate the "fuzzies". You can buy these at the dollar stores for about 5 cloths/$1. Good luck.

I buy the store brand baby wipes at wholesale clubs. If they dry out, just add a little water. I clean a lot of things with those wipes, and I don't have a baby. You can even use them on your body.

Anonymous

If the lint and fuzz is coming from your sponges and wash cloths, it might be time to replace them. As these items get older, they deteroriate more and more as time goes on.

After buying a box of Huggies Baby Wipes at Sam's Club and opening them at home, I was totally surprised at how big each package was and wondering how in the world I was going to keep them from drying out. I got out the gallon size zipper storage bags and put in as many as possible without overloading the bags. This was in June of this year and they are still just as moist and fresh as the day they were bought. Just make sure to squeeze the excess air out of the bag before being securely zipped shut!

Microfiber cloths are your best bet. Hint -- rinse your hands with water and then 'dry' them on the microfiber cloth before you use it. The bit of moisture on them really improves the dusting and the dust 'sticking' to the cloth to about 100%. Found it out by accident and do it all the time now.