Browsing: Securing Your Truck Load

Keeping Bags from Rolling Around in the Truck

I use a small truck to shop at stores. In the past all the packages used to tip over and roll out of reach. I got some short bungie cords and gathered all plastic bag handles to the loop near the tailgate. No more crawling around the truck bed.

By Loretta

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I use this same idea, and it works very well.

Another idea: get a large cardboard box, 'topless', and pile all your bags into it. If you get lots of stuff, use more boxes. My truck has a covered bed; if yours is open, you might want to consider boxes w/ all its' sides so it can be closed. One box, in which are stuffed all my groceries, will keep the cold things cold for the 30-45 min. it takes to drive home. Remember to pack the cold stuff at the bottom. If your large boxes move around too much (mine don't) bungie cords in strategic places as y'all mentioned, will keep them from moving around.

I keep a large plastic laundry bin in the trunk of my car for this.

Truck Load
Securing Your Truck Load
Consumer Advice Cars AdviceDecember 21, 2004
Crochet Rug
Keeping a Crochet Project from Rolling Up
Wind Yarn with a Hand Mixer
Rolling Up Leftover Yarn
Man Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Troubleshooting a Truck That Won't Start
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:57:48 AM on 10.0.1.69 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.