Rolling Up Leftover Yarn

Rolling up your leftover yarn keeps it from tangling and makes it easier to store. This is a guide about rolling up leftover yarn.

I love this because I have a tendency to somehow have loose yarn from my projects all over the place and cannot sit still long enough to ball them back up by hand. Take the empty cardboard from a roll of toilet paper and cut a tiny slit in the end. Put the cardboard on the end of one of your mixer head attachments. Hold the yarn firmly to avoid tangling. Turn the mixer on low. Your yarn will wind up beautifully onto the roll in seconds!

Source: Random Facebook share

Excellent idea, so simple yet so effective.

Sounds cool, but in my imagination, I can also see the yarn taking off and getting wrapped around the beater shaft! I've never had a hand mixer, so I'm wondering, is it really possible to run it slowly enough to control the yarn?

So clever!!!!Very cool.:)

It totally works perfectly. The trick is to have that very firm grip on the yarn before you start winding.

Never had it tangle once!