Keeping a Crochet Project from Rolling Up

Category Crochet
It is frustrating to be working on a crochet project and have the edges keep rolling up. This is a guide about keeping a crochet project from rolling up.

I am crocheting a wrap in the linked stitch, which I love, but my rows are rolling up. What can I do to prevent this?

By Elaine

Answers

It should lie properly when you get further along. If not it will need to be blocked. My friend sprays the item with water and used her couch (with towel) and T pins to block it (shape it).

i do an afagan stich and it keeps rolling up what can i do and am looking for a mini mouse free pattern to crochetdo you know of one

My 2 year old granddaughter loves minnie mouse! Did you find a pattern?

I am crocheting a coat using an afghan hook. How do I stop the project from rolling up? Or, how can I flatten it out?

Inanshoan from Fresno, CA

Answers

Afghan stitch, like many other crochet and knit stitches, naturally rolls and pulls diagonally. There is nothing you can do about this (it's just a physical reality), though if you tend to crochet too tightly, you may want to relax a bit.

Before seaming your crocheted panels, be sure to block them into the desired shape using pins and a mist of water. Follow the directions on any knit or crochet site for blocking your project. This should relax the yarn and remove further tendencies to roll up.

for tunisian crochet it is best to start the first row with a purl stitch here is a link. you can also block it our use a giant hook.

Anna
http://trialsof … om.blogspot.com/