Custom Spice Rack

My entire kitchen is blue and white. I really wanted a spice rack, but white is hard to find. I ordered a brown paper towel, saran wrap, foil dispenser from Lillian Vernon and had my husband paint it white. Then I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought empty glass spice jars, made labels off the computer, and am happy with my white spice rack.

By freedombelle2001 from Bellevue, NE

What a great idea. I would have never thought of this, and very nice also. I would definitely do this for my kitchen.

How cute granylou. I also love your spice rack. I am 4ft 10 in, and I have to get a step ladder also to reach things that I need, right now I have my spices stacked in a small plastic basket in the cabinet and I have to dig through them to find them, and it takes a while to find what I am looking for, so I will keep all the ideas here in the spice rack content.

April 18, 2011 Flag

We have been cooking for a long time and baking for the longest time. Our spice rack was just too small for handling all our condiments. We replace them every 6 months, so hubby thought of a way to keep them all in a space that I could reach as I am 4 foot 9 inches and had a hard time reaching for them in the pantry.

spicestandopen.jpg

spicestandclosed.jpg

By granylou93

Answers:

Custom Spice Rack

What a good idea. I too am short, 5 foot, well used to be 5 foot. I would love more than anything to get a custom kitchen, everything lower. Counters and stove and the cabinets. I think I would enjoy cooking more if it was more comfortable to reach things. I use a step stool and if I'm not standing on it, I'm tripping over it. (08/05/2005)

By Valery

Custom Spice Rack

I absolutely love that idea

(08/09/2005)

By Ziggee

Custom Spice Rack

What a great idea! Ad how thoughtful of your husband to create it for you! (08/15/2005)

By Jeannie

Custom Spice Rack

I agree with the others that grannylou has a very nice spice cabinet. I am short also at 5 foot 1 inch and hate having to grab the step stool to reach some things in the kitchen. I've stored my spices various ways and am looking for a new way right now. I've got them in a drawer I cleared out and short ones stand up and taller ones are laying down. I can see them all and they are easy to get out but I'd prefer to use that drawer for other purposes. I am thinking of buying a rack to hang on the inside of one of the cabinet doors. Spices should never be stored near heat by the way. The handiest place is near the stove but that is the worst places to store your spices, as heat makes them deteriorate quickly. (01/15/2006)

By Debbie52

Homemade Spice Rack
Homemade Spice Rack Ideas
Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenApril 18, 2011
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Drying Rack for Laundry
Homemade Flat Drying Rack for Laundry
Spice rack with magnetic canisters.
Other Uses for Spice Racks
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎉
🎄