Brown Rot on Apricots

I got brown rot on my apricots last year and was wondering if there is something that can do to prevent it from happening this year? I prefer natural ways but open to an effective way. I have a peach and a plum tree. Neither got the disease. Last year was the first year of produce of the tree we bought at COSCO. The tree is at my guess 3 years old being one year planted in my yard. Is there something I can do?

Hardiness Zone: 9b

Bruce from Murrieta, CA

Is your soil really alkaline? Or does your tree drip sap? Mine does, and when I mulched with pine needles, the brown rot really backed off. It's not gone, but I try to get the apricots picked up the minute they fall, and we dry a lot of them. I'm sure it has a fungus infection. Our son-in-law, a laboratory technician, injected his fungus-infected trees with tetracycline and that made quite a difference.

Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesMarch 26, 2007
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Jar of preserved apricots.
Canning Apricots
Tomatoes growing with blossom end rot.
Blossom End Rot on Vegetables
Apricots hanging on the tree.
Growing Apricots