Horseshoe Falls (Niagara, Ontario, Canada)

My husband and I visited Niagara Falls in September, 2010. This photo was taken from the closest point one can stand at the Journey Behind the Falls attraction in Niagara, Ontario, Canada. It was tremendous! The roar, the mist, the sight of millions of gallons of water spilling over that edge where you can almost reach out and touch the flow.

By Leslie

Wow! Another place I want to see.

Marg from England.

Great photo. Was worth the trip, wasn't it?. I went when I was a kid but it's not something you forget. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! All I can say. Love your poetic description, too, I almost felt as if I were there with you. Thumbs up!

This is a great picture! It is very beautiful and should be framed!

I have been to the Falls (on the Canadian side) at least a dozen times since I was in my teens (I'm now 53), and I never cease to be amazed at this grand force of Mother Nature!

I posted this photo in December 2010. The Horseshoe Falls are on the other side of the building:

Interesting fact: According to the U.S.G.S. (United States Geological Survey) of Niagara

Falls, it appears that almost 1/3 of the Canadian Falls lies within US Territory.

Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls Frugal Travel Guide
Photos SceneryJanuary 11, 2011
Preventing Slips and Falls in a Bathtub and Shower
Parliament Building in Ontario, Canada
Ontario, Canada Frugal Travel Guide
Camassia (Wild Hyacinth)
Growing Camassia (Wild Hyacinth)
A girl celebrating Canada Day.
Celebrating Canada Day