Using Lemon Juice to Highlight Natural Blonde Hair

My hair is naturally blonde, but has gradually been losing it's golden tones after moving from Florida to Oregon. 4 months ago, I had my hair lightened to be more like it used to be. It's losing the golden tones, and I'm thinking maybe I could bring them back with lemon juice and time in the sun. Any real blondes with highlights ever used lemon juice?

By Julia from Eugene, OR

Lemon juice is proven to enhance your hair color in the sun. Usually it will lighten all of your hair though, not give you highlights. I have friends (even brunetts) who have used it and noticed a difference. Anyways, it couldn't hurt to try. :)

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringSeptember 25, 2010
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Bottle of lemon juice and a cut lemon
Cleaning With Lemon Juice
Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes