Towel and Iron to Remove Ring on Table

By vivian huang 1

Where I can find Dave's instructions for the towel and iron method for getting the white ring off of wood table?

Vivianhbl from NY

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

No I use MAYONAISE on a paper towel, let sit an hour or less, and rub gone. Who would believe. I refinish furniture so its a cheap trick. Try it you do it again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I don't know if this is Dave's or not, but this is the one I have. I hope it helps you.

White Heat Marks on Wood Table

The only way to get rid of heat or water marks on wood (leaves cloudy white marks and rings) is to use heat and water again to take it out. Forget ashes and mayo. Just heat a steam iron to medium, place a plain tea towel (no print or waffle) over the stain and press for SECONDS. Push the steam button while you press. Wipe, and repeat until stain is gone then polish with teak oil, or olive oil. This WORKS. So does a hairdryer, but not as well and steam works better. (07/24/2006

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim Garrity 2 4 Flag

I also did the linen towel and iron trick on my heat marks and my table looks brand new!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I used hot steam iron AND tried the mayo trick and neither of them worked on my table. As fate would have it, my 3 year old was making a pb and j sandwich this morning, and by the time I got around to cleaning the jelly off the table a couple hours later, the water marks under the jelly were gone. It was amazing. It was grape jelly, if that makes a difference.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Amazing, just did the iron and towel trick and it worked almost instantly. Then a quick polish and hey presto, Robert is your mother's brother.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I tried the towel and iron and it worked! I had initially tried leaving furniture polish on overnight and wiping off (another website said this would work). It didn't do anything. Just be careful with the iron trick-only leave it on for abou 2 seconds at a time and then wipe off and repeat.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Furniture TablesJanuary 16, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:30:49 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings