Chimney Sweep Logs

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on those Chimney Sweep Logs? Do they work? Thanks, LOVE the newsletter! Addicted to it is more the word! :)

Karen from Summerville, SC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

These logs burn very, very hot. Allow plenty of time for them to burn, start early in the day to be certain they are done by bedtime. Things will fall from within your chimney so beware of leaving the door to your stove open. I noticed a smell but I had just stopped smoking and was told thats how come I could smell anything. Its truly a good idea to have your chimney checked by professionals once a year, but the Logs are okay as long as they are not left unattended. Hope this answers your questions.Content-Disposition: form-data; name="feedback_text"

These logs burn very, very hot. Allow plenty of time for them to burn, start early in the day to be certain they are done by bedtime. Things will fall from within your chimney so beware of leaving the door to your stove open. I noticed a smell but I had just stopped smoking and was told thats how come I could smell anything. Its truly a good idea to have your chimney checked by professionals once a year, but the Logs are okay as long as they are not left unattended. Hope this answers your questions.

We have been using the logs for three years. We just checked the chimney yesterday and the flues were cleaner than we expected.The flue to the woodburning stove that uses a catalytic combuster was extremely clean, and the flue to the regular fireplace had some black spots, but you could tell that it was peeling at the edges. I think the logs do what they claim.Just be sure and keep the smoke shelf in the fireplace and the cumbuster in a wood stove cleaned.Also check any other places that the falling pieces could get caught.

I would like to add to my previos response, that if you haven't had your chimney cleaned or inspected for a while, you should have it checked before you use the sweeping log. If the creosote is thick and hard it probably won't work and possibly could ignite.We have been using the logs on a new chimney, so there really wasn't any build-up to start with. The company that makes the logs also state that it does not replace regular inspection of your chimney.

You can also use a handful of table salt to clean soot out of the chimney.Make sure you have a good flame going when you throw the salt in the woodstove

Hi , my name is Garry and I am a certified chimney sweep. In responce to the question about chimney cleaning logs , they are okay, but!!! It is imperitive

that you get your chimney inspected every year!

40% of all house fires are directly relataed to chimney fires. A certifed sweep knows exactly what to look for. Bringing me to my point , just because your chimney is clean , does not mean it's safe.

I hope this was any help .

Hi , Garry I agree. Like everything else the chimney needs to be checked. But why if it is clean? Being certified as A SWEEP you should tell us why it needs to be checked. Are there cracks that will let flames go in the structure of the house? I'm not a SWEEP just a mechanic. But also a home owner. Don't be peed off. David

I have been using them since they first came out, my question is....I cant find them this year, anyone have an idea where they are being sold?

these are a scam. cbc did a report:

http://www.cbc.  /files/home/csl/

regards

Home and Garden Home Improvement Fireplaces and StovesOctober 11, 2005
A wood stove with firelogs in it.
Using Fire Logs
Newspapers rolled into logs for burning.
Making Newspaper Logs
Fake Logs
Making Fake Logs
Brick Chimney
Saving Money on Chimney Cleaning
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:55:55 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.