- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (I use Bakers)
- 6 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut (I use Baker's Angel Flake)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1-3/4 cups thawed whipped topping
- 1 Tbsp. bourbon (optional)
- Chocolate shavings (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Microwave brown sugar and corn syrup in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 4 minutes or until boiling. Add chocolate and margarine. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coconut and nuts. Pour into pie shell.
Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted 1-inch from center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Combine whipped topping and bourbon; spoon or pipe onto pie. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
Makes 1 9-inch pie
By Connie from Cotter, AR
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 25, 2017 at 6:24:40 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us