Painting On Leather Clothes

How do you paint on leather clothes? What type of paints would I use? Are there specific brands? Can I also use the same ones for denim cloth?

Justin from West Orange, NJ

More than likely, you will have to paint with dyes made for leather if you want the design to wear well. Try www.tandy.com and check it out. Fabric paints like you would use on denium MIGHT work. Check out www.duncancrafts.com(the makers of Tulip fabric paints) and see what they say.

I have successfully painted on leather, suede, and pigskin with fabric paints available at places like hobby lobby or Micheals stores. They are generally soap and water clean-up but they are long lasting on leather or fabric like denium. Covering dark colored backgrounds require undercoats of white or silver fabric paints. Allow the undercoats to dry before adding the light areas so that they don't blend into your top color . I transfer my design with chalk on the back of the design....lay it where you want the design and rub carefully with an old credit card to transfer. It will come off if you are not satisfied with it by a little water or a good brushing if the surface is affected by water. Have fun and good luck!

Crafts LeatherAugust 15, 2008
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄