Painting Clothes Pins

Category Painting
Several craft projects include painted clothes pins. If finished properly they can even be used to hang laundry. After you have done the decorative painting it is a good idea to use a clear finish to protect your work and your clothes if used with laundry. This is a guide about painting clothes pins.

If I paint clothes pins with acrylic paint, what should I put over the paint to assure it stays put. I want to use the pins on my clothesline but DO NOT want the paint to get on my clothes. Any suggestions?

Thank You

Jen G.

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I do not paint the inside of my clothes pins. For the outside, I paint an acrylic/waterproof finish. I found the paint at Walmart. Haven't had any problem with clothes being stained.

By Crystal (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I paint EVERYTHING that can't run away from me! I love color so I painted ALL my clothespins different polka dots and covered them with clear nail polish. They've survived dozens of Pennsylvania Winters, and look great on my clothesline!

By MB in WY (Guest Post)

Just curious, why are you painting them?

By GML in WA (Guest Post)

Why not just look for different colored plastic clothespins, if the color of them is so important. To me that would be a lot easier. Painting each clothespin, then coating it with some kind of sealer hardly seems worth the effort!!

On the other hand, painted clothespins sound kind of cool. If you do it, I bet you'll have the most unique clothespins anywhere!