Painted Clothes Pins?

If I paint clothes pins with acrylic paint, what should I put over the paint to assure it stays put. I want to use the pins on my clothesline but DO NOT want the paint to get on my clothes. Any suggestions?

Thank You

Jen G.

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I do not paint the inside of my clothes pins. For the outside, I paint an acrylic/waterproof finish. I found the paint at Walmart. Haven't had any problem with clothes being stained.

By Crystal (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I paint EVERYTHING that can't run away from me! I love color so I painted ALL my clothespins different polka dots and covered them with clear nail polish. They've survived dozens of Pennsylvania Winters, and look great on my clothesline!

By MB in WY (Guest Post)

Just curious, why are you painting them?

By GML in WA (Guest Post)

Why not just look for different colored plastic clothespins, if the color of them is so important. To me that would be a lot easier. Painting each clothespin, then coating it with some kind of sealer hardly seems worth the effort!!

On the other hand, painted clothespins sound kind of cool. If you do it, I bet you'll have the most unique clothespins anywhere!

By Dee (Guest Post)

I would just paint the outside of the wood pin, not the part that touches the clothing, clear acrylic spray paint can coat the pins for weather resisitance. BTW what are you painting on the pins..sounds kind of cool...might try it for a decoration in the laundry room :) small clothes pins (doll size) on a line with baby/doll clothes. Great window valance idea!

By Linda (Guest Post)

Acrylic paint won't rub off onto your clothes once it is dry. Do one and prove it to yourself.

By Beatrice (Guest Post)

What about clear nail polish?

Put some indoor/outdoor varnish on them.

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 27, 2004
🌻
🎃
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf555928.tip.html