Displaying Favorites in Firefox Similar to Internet Explorer Layout

When I had Internet Explorer, my "Favourites" were visibly listed down the left hand side of my screen. I don't know how to have a similar set-up, now that I have Firefox with Bing as my homepage.

It seems a tortuous route to have to click on "Bookmarks", and scroll my mouse over my folders, and then swing it over to the bookmarked web page I want (if I'm lucky enough for my mouse not to have strayed off the right trajectory). Can anyone help me please? Many thanks.

By Tibs from Norfolk, UK

I just switched to Firefox and the only way I retrieve my favorites is using the Bookmarks, which is where they are all listed.

Re frequently used pages: highlight the name of the page in the URL line and, holding down the lefthand mouse button, you can drag it onto the toolbar above the open page. You can do this with many site pages. Makes them very easy to access.

If you hit CTRL + B the favorites will pop open and stay open on the left side of your browser window. You can also adjust how wide you want the list to be.

Just returned from a trip, so thanks to all for your responses, but especially DorothyNYC, whose instructions I've followed, giving exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks so much!

Computers SoftwareSeptember 13, 2010
Dora the Explorer
Making a Dora Costume
An upclose photo of a laptop keyboard.
Saving Money on Your Internet Bill
A grandma smiling while using her tablet computer.
Computer and Internet Training for Senior Citizens
A screen serving as a temporary door.
Installing a Temporary Door