Progressive Thanksgiving Dinner

With three adult children and their spouses going to in-laws for an early dinner, I decided to have a progressive dinner for them. I would prepare the main course and take out trays would be available in case of overeating at the in-laws' homes.

One of the other children would have the hors d'oeuvres, which we would begin with after they visited the in-laws. These food items would be light eating. At the end would be the "dessert home" which would be the last place to visit and enjoy the holiday as a family.

Take-out trays would be available for family members to fill up and enjoy the next day.

This idea will enable the family members to get together and not feel guilty about not eating at someone's home on Thanksgiving Day.

By WandaJo from Collierville, Tennessee

What a brilliant idea! I love it and will use it from now on with my family. Good job!

A family eating Thanksgiving dinner.
Planning a Thanksgiving Dinner
Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving Hosting TipsNovember 2, 2006
Large Turkey and Side Dishes at Thanksgiving Dinner Table
Saving Money on Thanksgiving Dinner
Pumpkin soup inside a pumpkin.
Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
Haystack Rock on the Oregon Coast.
Oregon Frugal Travel Guide and Photos