ClothingCrafts

Dyeing a Nylon Dress

I would like to know how to dye a bridemother's dress made of nylon, it is of cream color. I would like to turn it into dark blue or maroon.

Thanks,
Luise from Detroit, MI

In my experience, natural fabrics like silk and cotton, can dye well. Nylon, Rayon, Polyester etc. do not. Is there a specific dye for NYLON? I don't know - but just letting you know from my experiences so far.

call the people at rit dye and see if they make a dye just for synthetic fabrics. i haven't seen any on the market but that doesn't mean it doesn't exsist. good luck

Synthetics are very hard to impossible to dye.

I agree with everyone else. If you do try to dye it, prepare yourself that it may not turn out. Good luck!