Mashed Potato "Mistake"

This happened to me a couple of months ago. I was making my family's favorite "smashed" potatoes, when I realized I didn't have any milk in the house. Bad news. Everything else was ready! I quickly looked in the fridge and found a bottle of blue cheese salad dressing and I thought, "why not?"

Well, I'm very pleased to say that my family, including in-laws!, LOVED it and "begged" for the recipe. All I did was substitute the salad dressing for the milk!

I've since tried ranch in my garlic smashed potatoes, turns out to be another "family favorite".

"Accidents" aren't always bad!

By LindaM from Kingston NY

Who Knew?!!!!

Thanks bunches for the tip :-)

Looking forward to trying it...

"Necessity is the mother of invention" - right? Some day I'm gonna be in this situation and will have the solution - thanks for sharing.

Food and Recipes Recipes Potatoes Mashed PotatoesJuly 31, 2006
Mashed potatoes with vegetables.
Vegetable Mashed Potato Recipes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Dish of mashed potatoes.
Freezing Mashed Potatoes