Making Saving a Part of Your Budget

Make saving a fixed part of your budget. Determine a reasonable amount of money each month and have it automatically deposited into a savings account. Deposit the money into a federally insured online savings account and you can earn as much as 5% on your money.

When I pay my house payment and car payment checks I stub them in my check register. On the next line, I put "savings" and take out as much as I can and try to go all month without bothering it. It's there should I REALLY need it and I end up with a cushion after a few months and never have to worry about bouncing a check b/c it is there even though it has been "subtracted". My checking account gives me about 2% which is about as good as it get's around here.

Where do you get 5 %? I would be interested!

Increasing Your Savings, Stack of Money
Increasing Your Savings
Budget & Finance Saving MoneyMarch 12, 2007
Woman Consulting Her Shopping List in the Supermarket
Creating a Food Budget
A couple working on their household budget.
Reducing Your Household Budget
Bride and Groom Putting Money in Piggy Bank
Creating a Budget for Your Wedding
Woman Working Call Center
Finding Part-time Work