Use Less Splenda

According to Splenda's advertising, "Anywhere you can use sugar, you can use Splenda." I, personally, think Splenda is sweeter than most sweeteners, so I use less of it in my recipes, instead of equaling the amounts of sugar the recipe calls for.

By Terri H.

Is splenda a SAFE alternative to sugar? When aspertame came out everyone thought it was safe, only to find out 10 years later that it was not as they claimed it to be, and caused several side effects. I would really like to find a low calerie sweetner, but not at the cost of my health somewhere else down the line.

Try Stevia. I order it from Swanson Health Products. It's $3.59 for 100 packets. It's a natural herb, calorie, saccharin and aspartame-free. And there's no difference in taste (my daughter never even noticed the difference on her cereal.

I have found XYLITOL to be my alternative sweetner. It costs more; but it can be used by diabetics and it actually is GOOD for you. I found it cheapest by buying bulk off the internet. It can be thrifty because it causes none of the problems sugar and other sweeteners. My daughter and I have been using it for months and feel better for it. Check online to find the value of this sweetener.

Regarding Splenda's safety record: it has been researched and used extensively in Europe for over 20 years. It's only new to us in the States. I don't care for artificial sweetners in general, but Splenda tastes the best to me, and I've never had a bad reaction to it

Actually, aspertame IS safe, in <I>normal </I> quantities. The tests were later proved to be giving the test rats thousands the normal daily dose a human would injest. It has since been removed from the FDA's list of carcinogens. But if you want to be the MOST safe, Stevia is an herb that can be used as a sweetener. Of course, you will only want it grown organically...

Splenda is made with sugar. I find it's sweeter than the average sweetener. I like Splenda. I don't use it or any other sweetener on a daily basis. But I do prefer Splenda over the other sweeteners. Just have to find one that you like to use.

Splenda
Tips for Baking With Splenda
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsSeptember 20, 2004
An older woman holding a piggy bank and giving a thumbs up.
Living Better With Less
Square Foot Gardening
The Basics of Square Foot Gardening
potatoes and cheese
Recipes with Five or Less Ingredients
Pie Recipes Using Splenda
Pie Recipes Using Splenda
🎉
🎄