TroubleshootingComputers

Restoring a Shortcut on Desktop

How do I get the Internet Explorer icon back on my screen?

Grace

Click on start, then click on programs find your Internet explorer program click on it to open, once it is open right click in the middle of the screen not on the toolbar not on the top and Click where is says create shortcut it should ask you if you want to put a short cut on the desktop and just say yes. Or look and see if it's in your recycle bin is so just restore it.

And if that doesn't work: click start, open search and key in "internet explorer", a list should appear. Right click on the icon for internet explorer and click "send to desktop."

In the future an excellent place to get all sorts of computer questions answered is TheComputerLady. I get weekly newsletters and she has saved me so much time and energy. I think she's linked to The Dollar Stretcher.

Try Kim Komando's web site for computer help. You can trust any information she posts. You can get daily e-mails and a weekly e-letter from her site that are computer and electronics related. This web site has helped me through the years and I am still learning tips and hints from her. Go to www.komando.com -- she does have a paid subscription but the free information is full of help. It is also a family oriented site.