Reuse Window Envelopes

Save those unused envelopes with windows that sometimes come with bills. You can use them for your own personal mail by writing the address on a 3X3 post-it note (under or over the sticky area) and placing it in the envelope so the address is showing in the window. It may take a trial run but once you figure out how it's done, you'll never throw away an unused window envelope again.

By Aaron's Mom from Kaneohe, Hawaii

This is a good way to save on envelopes, BUT, if you notice, there is usually a barcode on the envelope somewhere. That barcode is for the company who sent it and usually goes back to them when "swiped". I did this for a year until I found out, some of my payments were going other places. I would not use the envelopes that have the barcode on them. Be careful!

I am glad someone mentioned the barcode. I used the wrong envelope to pay one of my bills and to this day I have a check that never reached it's destination and I have no idea where it got to. It was never cashed. I realized I had used the wrong envelope when I went to pay another bill later that week and I found the original envelope that I should have used.

Reusing Envelopes, Stack of Envelopes
Reusing Envelopes
Better Living Green Living ReusingAugust 7, 2008
Padded Envelope on White Background
Reusing Mailing Supplies
Making Envelopes From Magazines
Making Envelopes From Magazines
Making Your Own Envelopes
Making Your Own Envelopes