Making Envelopes From Magazines

Category Paper
Envelopes can be made from many types of recycled paper. This is a guide about making envelopes from magazines.

I have done this for years. Our library has magazines in their bookstore for a quarter each. After I read them, I make envelopes from the most colorful pages and tear out all the cologne ads (woman's magazines) that have the scent under the flap. When I am ready to mail a handmade card or letter I lift the tab on the scent and rub it on the inside of my magazine made envelope. Makes it a pleasant surprise for the recipient.

There are several envelope templates for downloading on the web available for free. The larger the magazine pages, the more choices you have for your envelope size. I have also used maps and old sheet music. You will need to add a label for the address. I use my return address sticker to seal the envelope in the back. Food, art, garden, travel, and animal magazines have some great photos.

Source: My idea as far as using the scents. Envelopes from magazines have been around for some time.

By NoRulesArt from FL

Remove any colored advertisements and pretty pictured pages from inside magazines. They are usually a little stiffer than the other pages. If they are for an ad for fragrances, you get an extra bonus.

Take an old envelope, open it carefully, use it as a template to trace the shape. I usually draw it a tad larger, so it won't be too small after gluing.

Then I usually place a white label of some sort for the address label which makes it easier for the postal workers to see where it goes. Sometimes I seal it with a small, pretty item, appropriate for the season. I use the pages and seals timed for the season.

By Gladys

Answers:

Make Pretty, Colored Envelopes for Free

You can also do this with pages from wall calendars and heavier gift wrap paper. (07/20/2007)

By Maryeileen