Color Ideas for a Bathroom With Cream Fixtures

What colors would look good in a bathroom that has cream colored fixtures?

By TLST26 from Atlanta, GA

Almost anything! I used green and rose in mine.

Aren't you lucky to have a color that matches everything!

For me, I keep the color flowing through my house. I have taupe walls, picked a favorite color, and that color is seen all through the house, even in small ways. I've been told it makes your house look larger, and we have a small house.

Cream and burgundy sounds elegant. Also, cream and emerald green or cobalt blue.

What's the decor through your home? Modern, traditional, shabby chic, etc. Then pick your style and put it in the bathroom.

For example, if you have shabby chic, and you have blue mostly through your home, then I'd pick a beachy kind of blue. You can even pick different colors of blue if they have the same hue - the same underlying color.

You're a lucky girl! Hope it turns out beautifully!

I also like cream and burgundy. You just have to stick with earth tones versus real bold primary colors. If you want less contrast, go with a deeper cream that is about 2 shades darker than the fixtures.

I suggest you find a shower curtain or some towels that you love that have a little cream color in them and then match one of the other colors. I think a light shade of green is always safe - there are many accessories that match well.

I too have cream colored sink and bathtub and toilet. Right now I'm using dark green and begundy for my accessories (towels and shower curtain), but I want to change for the summer. I'm going to pain the cabinet a light beige and the drawers a dark brown. Then I will accessorize with a soft or Robin egg blue. All I'll need to do is buy a set of towels, a window valance and a new shower curtain. I figure $100 should do it all including a 2 quarts of paint

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Room Color SchemesMay 17, 2010
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom Tile Color Advice
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Yellow Bathroom Floor
Bathroom Floor Color Advice