Use Eyebrow Pencil to Cover Wood Scratches

A couple days ago I was given a lovely old dresser, oak I think. Unfortunately it got scratched in a couple tiny spots in the move. I didn't have any kind of scratch cover on hand. While putting on my makeup to go shopping it occurred to me my eyebrow pencil was almost the same color. I looked through my makeup and lo and behold there was an eye pencil the exact color. Rubbed it in the scratch and it disappeared. Saved a few dollars on scratch cover.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

Shoe polish or paste are also good for wood scratches. I also use shoe paste to cover scuffs on leather furniture.

Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureSeptember 4, 2008
Reviving Dried Pencil Erasers
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing