Covering Up Nicks and Scratches on Wood

Category Furniture
This is a page about covering up nicks and scratches on wood. In addition to store bought scratch repair items, you can try instant coffee and crayons to try covering up scratches and nicks on your furniture.

I recently bought a wicker hamper is sound shape. But the edges were wooden and the black paint looked a bit shabby. It hit me when I got it home and a marker might not help much, but it couldn't hurt, either.

Turns out I was right. I "patched" the streaks and I think it looks way better. If you have wood that might be helped, this does the trick.

They make "furniture crayons" for fixing mars and scratches that are sold at the dollar stores. Their color choices are limited, so you might have to go to a hardware or big-box store. But one of these of your own might just do the trick. N-JOY!

For scratches on wooden tables, picture frames or anything wooden, take a teaspoon of instant coffee, add a couple of drops of hot water (just enough to make a thick paste). Take a clean cloth, dip into mixture and rub into scratch. Let dry. If it's not dark enough, repeat until you get right wood color. If it's too dark use a wet cloth and wipe until you get the right color. If you get excess somewhere you don't want it, just wipe with wet cloth. You'll be amazed at how easy this is. It only takes a few minutes and costs next to nothing.

By Kelly from Largo, FL

I used a crayon designed for covering up gray roots to fix a picture frame. This crayon is activated with water and goes on more smoothly than a regular crayon. I'll bet you can't tell where the damaged area was!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Wood flooring is generally quite durable, but it can get scratches over time. This is a page about repairing scratches on wood floors.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair FurnitureSeptember 13, 2018
🎂
📓
🌻