Faux Wood Flooring Ideas

I recently pulled up the carpeting in my kitchen. My home was built in the mid 1800's so I was hoping for some plank wood flooring. Well to my surprise there was old tile, that was glued down using black tar. I was so upset. I now had a bigger problem than the carpet. Well after a bunch of hard work and scraping up all the old tile, we were left with black tar floor and the decision of what to do next.

We aren't rich by any means and the thought of paying for new flooring just made me sick. I used a can of Kilz that I had in my basement which covered the black floor pretty well, but now I was left with a yellow creamy colored floor that was easily scraped off. After that we were just stumped.

I got an idea to do a faux wood floor. The wood graining tool cost less than $5 and the half gallon of stain cost me $9.00. Here is the turned out faux wood flooring. I love it. I drew black lines indicating plank wood using a black Sharpie marker. Let me know what you think of my kitchen makeover for less than 20$

By Melissa from Caton NY

Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringJanuary 18, 2017
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf29994443.tip.html