AMA Fundraiser: Climbing for Grandpa

Pictured is my dear daughter Melissa who participated in the American Lung Association's Fight For Air Arena Climb in Wilkes Barre, PA, in memory of my dad and her grandpa who recently passed away from lung disease.

Melissa raised funds by doing this event to help support research and possibly prevent others from losing someone they love from lung diseases. She climbed the entire 1,224 steps in the arena in under 9 minutes! She was inspirational and it meant the world to me!

By Donna

Marg from England.

My condolences on your loss, and congratulations to your awesome daughter!

That is so wonderful. Lung Cancer has such an unfair stigma to it and so little money goes to research because of this stigma. My husband passed away from Lung Cancer. It will be 2 years on September 5. God Bless you and your daughter, she looks like an awesome young lady. I too donate to the National Lung Cancer Partnership for research. More people die of this disease than any other cancer.

Photos InspirationalJuly 22, 2010
Red Climbing Roses
Transplanting a Climbing Rose Plant
A girl holding up a car wash sign at a school fundraiser.
School Fundraiser Ideas
Spaghetti Fundraiser
Throwing a Spaghetti Fundraiser
White Climbing Roses
Growing Climbing Roses