AdviceSkin Care

Pimples After Facial Waxing

I had my face waxed once and at that time I had broken out with bad crater type pimples. Now, 8 months later, there are brown and white spots. I'm only 38. Will these ever go away?

By Azbutterfly

Somehow the title was posted wrong...I have major brown/white scars from ONE facial waxing done last August 2008.Thand you Robyn for your help

I had the same thing happen to me in 2006. I'm assuming you're Caucasian since you mentioned also having white spots. I'm a Black female so all of the blemishes left dark spots. I used 2% hydroquinone fade cream (available OTC) to get rid of the discoloration. It's now barely visible. The craters the blemishes left do get better with time, but never look "normal" again. I'm not sure how you get rid of the white spots but fading the dark spots should make a difference in your overall appearance. Do a Google search on remedies for white spots or visit a dermatologist. Good luck!

I always had acne that left either brown or reddish colored 'scars'. It took years, but they gradually faded away. I am 45 now, and hardly have any signs of that. I am hoping that it gets better for you. It is sad when the things we try to make ourselves look better, back-fire! If your skin is better now with no pimples, try an at-home microdermabrasion kit. There is one by Neutrogena, one by Susan Lucci, and one by Victoria Principal. I use the Neutrogena set, and it has made a visible, but small difference in the size of the pits on my cheeks.