Identifying Phishing Emails

I have received an email thanking me for my donation to punch servers? Is that a phishing email?

It probably is. Do NOT respond whatever you do. Put it on your block senders list.

If you did not make any donations to anyone and receive a e mail thanking you I would not open the mail, sent it to spam or delete the message and not respond.

I also have had recent problems with bad email and was told to do this: go to the bottom of the page and click on "full header" and forward the whole email to spam AT This my way of deleting it and hoping the government gets after them. I can only hope. Does anyone else do this?

In general, never respond to e-mails that ask you to click on a link in order to put in information such as SSN, password etc. Also, install a firewall (a good, free one at NOT click on popup windows that say "You won a prize", warn you of computer problems, or invite you to take a survey. They may carry malware that will infect your computer.

If the e-mail is (or pretends to be) from an institution that you are a customer of, do not click on the link. Just type their website directly, or better yet call their toll free number and tell them about the e-mail.

Good tips on safe computing:

I send any suspicious e mails directly to my internet provider using their specific fraud/abuse e mail address. I also forward it to any government addresses I have and if it is from any bank that I do or do not deal with, I go to the correct bank website, find their email address for spam and forward that also. I have received numerous suspicious emails from different companies and do the same thing. Go to the correct and legitimate website, find out where to forward it and then do it.

LI Roe

Computers TipsDecember 29, 2008
Green chameleon on a branch.
Identifying Lizards
Identifying a Hoodia Gordonii Plant
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects