Child Support and Disability

Will my child support goes down if the mother is receiving a disability check for our son? We have two children together, or will they do a percentage of it? I live in Florida. Will your child support go down when you have shared parenting?

The mother doesn't work, but she's receiving unemployment every two weeks, plus my child receives a disability check and child support. She is taking me back to court for more money, but she didn't report that she's receiving disability for our son.

By Thomas A.

Child support is usually figured on a percentage of the non-custodial parents income. It still takes a certain amount to raise a kid. Until my daughter was 20, my "ex" paid $300.00 a month in spite of the fact that she was also receiving a disability check. I wasn't working, but the child support enforcement officer in the town that we lived in said my share of support would be the fact that I cooked, did laundry, cleaned, etc. for our daughter.

Support your child. He will be grown one day and you won't have to pay. I wish fathers would stop begrudging every penny of child support. It is never enough anyway. Just pay.

Business and Legal Legal Child SupportMarch 15, 2012
Writing a child support check.
Paying Back Child Support
Social Security Disability Form
Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
In a wheelchair doing laundry.
Organizing Your Home When You Have a Disability
A woman sitting at table in a wheelchair.
Living With a Disability
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:40:27 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.