Child Support and Disability

Will my child support goes down if the mother is receiving a disability check for our son? We have two children together, or will they do a percentage of it? I live in Florida. Will your child support go down when you have shared parenting?

The mother doesn't work, but she's receiving unemployment every two weeks, plus my child receives a disability check and child support. She is taking me back to court for more money, but she didn't report that she's receiving disability for our son.

By Thomas A.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Child support is usually figured on a percentage of the non-custodial parents income. It still takes a certain amount to raise a kid. Until my daughter was 20, my "ex" paid $300.00 a month in spite of the fact that she was also receiving a disability check. I wasn't working, but the child support enforcement officer in the town that we lived in said my share of support would be the fact that I cooked, did laundry, cleaned, etc. for our daughter.

Support your child. He will be grown one day and you won't have to pay. I wish fathers would stop begrudging every penny of child support. It is never enough anyway. Just pay.

Child Support Payments and Social Security, Paper entitled Child Support Hearing.
Child Support Payments and Social Security
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportMarch 15, 2012
Family law folder on desk
Can SSI Be Garnished for Child Support?
Writing a child support check.
Paying Back Child Support
Social Security Disability Form
Receiving Social Security Disability Benefits
Photo of letters spelling out child support.
Social Security and Back Child Support
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:10:50 PM on 10.0.1.163 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.