Disability Payments and Child Support?

If my ex-wife receives disability benefits for our minor son, and I get (have) legal custody, does she have to forward those payments to me? She pays me no support.



Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

November 19, 20130 found this helpful

If you have legal custody I don't know how she is receiving the payments. Don't waste time, get appointments with your local Social security Office and your local Office of Child Support Enforcement. All areas have both of these offices, it might not be in the town where you live, but they will be reasonably close.


Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 270 Feedbacks
November 19, 20130 found this helpful

The check needs to be sent to the person the court designated as legal custody or as the law would say, more than half the care of the child allows you the tax credit. Maybe did not think of that either.


The disability payment has a trail of paper behind it. Check the source, maybe check with human services...sounds like that might be the beginning.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Business and Legal Legal Child SupportNovember 18, 2013
Valentine's Ideas!
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Birthday Ideas!
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-02-05 04:16:33 in 3 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.