Use Washable Baby Wipes and Diaper Liners

After much debate and research, I decided to give washing store bought baby wipes a go. I have only washed "wee" wipes in a delicates bag with my cloth nappies still thrown in with the others. I have found that I am getting a stash of nice, light, even softer wipes that I now make my own wipe solution for and keep in a plastic container, then you guessed it, I wash them again. I found I save about 3/4 of the package, minimizing costs and will switch to cloth when these run out.

I decided not to go for the more expensive nappy liners and use the non-flushable ones. I also wash these if it is only wee and then re-use and re-use. Many have been used several times and are still going strong. Although they do not cost very much, I do not like to put much into landfill. If you're already using cloth, why not give this a go and save both money and the environment!

By Emma from SA

What is your wipe solution?

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Parenting BabyJuly 20, 2011
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 4:42:32 AM on 10.0.0.36 in 543 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.