Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Sticker Residue on Suede

I put a sticky name tag on my new suede jacket and now the glue won't come off. Any ideas on how to take the glue off of my jacket?

Diana from Sioux Falls, SD

By

By Jazz12/17/2010

I want to kiss whoever suggested this! While moving my friends packed my favorite suede jacket and put 5" of packing tape on it. I thought it was ruined. I used an art eraser and its like new. You're a genius! Thanks!

By Barry W. (Guest Post)12/10/2008

Yes- Julie was right on! I too put a name sticker on my suede sports coat and it wouldn't all come off. I got a pencil eraser and went at it and it took it off. I read elsewhere that an art gum eraser may be better. Then remembering my first pair Hush Puppies, when they came with a wiry suede brush, I found a little stiff brush and finished it off. It raised all the knap and made it blend in better.

By washburndp (Guest Post)05/22/2007

Thank you!! Julie's advice on removing sticker residue from suede with an eraser saved me $40!

By George Gobble [5]02/08/2007

The pencil eraser works. Thanks!!!
George

By Sones (Guest Post)01/30/2007

"Remove dry stains and marks from suede by gently rubbing a pencil eraser on the affected area. Hope this helps. Julie..Happy holidays : ) (12/12/2005)

By maddhatterr"

Thank you so much! This was the perfect remedy for my suede jacket.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Residue From a Shop Label on Suede

How can gum from a shop label be removed from a suede jacket.

Teagreen from Limerick, Ireland

RE: Residue From a Shop Label on Suede

Remove dry stains and marks from suede by gently rubbing a pencil eraser on the affected area. Hope this helps. Julie..Happy holidays : ) (12/12/2005)

By maddhatterr

RE: Residue From a Shop Label on Suede

I use a product called GooGone- don't know if they carry this in Ireland, but we have it in the US in our hardware/home improvement stores like Home Depot and Lowes. However, I'd recommend that you test it on an internal/lining area to see how the suede will act (it might leave a ring or spot.) (12/13/2005)

By Claudia- MD

RE: Residue From a Shop Label on Suede

I tried the pencil eraser and could hardly believe how well it worked. The sticky gum is completely gone. The jacket is dark brown and although I can see where the label was, it looks like what I think is called, a natural imperfection and blends in. Thanks Julie. (12/13/2005)

By teagreen