Reuse Birthday Candles

Birthday cake candles don't usually burn long enough to melt the candle, especially kids cakes. I reused them by cutting the black part of the wick off (just to look newer), cleaning the cake off the candle and storing them. There you go!

By Vicki from Dallas, TX

I can't count the number of times I've done something like this! You'll want to be careful if you use those little, straight candles, since they break easily...

March 28, 2011 Flag

This tip doesn't save a load of money but it does save about ten dollars a year for me and saves time shopping. I reuse birthday candles. I got tired of running to the store every time one of my four kids, husband, or mom had a birthday. The candles are lit only a short time. After we take them off the cake, I put them in a cup of soapy water. In a short time, they can be rinsed off and dried to look as good as new. I keep them in their original container, taped shut, or in a zip-lock bag after I am sure they are dry. Sure helps to know you already have them whenever you need them.

By Lyn from Taylorville, IL

Reuse Birthday Candles

I've been reusing candles for years and years. Even the numbered ones. I wash them thoroughly, then store them till next time to be used. Sure saves time and money.

By blavergne

Reuse Birthday Candles

In case you ever buy a cake at Sam's, you can get birthday candles for free--either a box of plain candles or the numbers. (05/29/2010)

By susanmajp

Reuse Birthday Candles

Definitely a good, green and thrifty idea. Thanks for sharing. (06/03/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Saving Money on Candles
Saving Money on Candles
Better Living Frugal Living TipsMarch 28, 2011
Vinyl Name Tag Holder
Reuse Vinyl Name Tag Holders
A slice of birthday cake with a half candle.
Celebrating a Half Birthday
Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
ribbon and balloon hair clip
Making a Birthday Hair Clip