ElectronicsProduct Reviews

GE 25865GE3 Cordless Phone Reviews

Product: 2-line Cordless Phone

Model: 25865GE3

Manufacturer: GE

Request: I am looking for product reviews of the GE 25865GE3 2-line 5.8ghz digital expandable cordless phone system with answering and caller id/call waiting...

Karen from Fort Wayne, IN

I haven't had any experience with the particular model that you mention, but I do have a GE cordless phone with one phone line and 2 handsets...one on the base, and the other in an additional charger. I have had it since May about 8 months, and the charger for my second handset has stopped working. It is still under warranty, however, if I want to use the warranty, I must box up the complete unit with both handsets, the base unit and the extra charger and pay the postage to return it. I was going to call them and ask why I couldn't just return the faulty charger, but there is no possible way to talk to a real person at their toll free number. So I decided to email them. Their site is so complicated by flashy extras, that after almost 10 minutes, I was still waiting for it to load so that I could find the address to email them. So I gave up. But I know that when I replace the phone, I will not be buying a GE. In the meantime, I just have been putting the second phone on the base to charge it, and then it is good to go for a few days. Especially if I don't have to make or take any calls. I only use it when I am outdoors or in my nearby workshop, so this should work for me. And another thing, I would have had to buy a new phone also, because mine would have been shipped off and they tell you about a 6 week wait. Warranties are rather useless, I think, if customer service is not good.

Harlean from Arkansas

If Circuit City sells it, check out their web site. You can read real reviews from actual buyers.