Natural Remedies for Dog's Dermatitis

My 2 year old pit bull suffers from flea allergy dermatitis. Does anybody have any natural remedies for this?

Jessica from Los Angeles, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Pyrethrin insecticides have a dangerous sounding name but they are extracts from the very natural chrysanthemum flower. They kill fleas and might be useful on floors and bedding. (An exterminator once told me that every flea has to return to the floor within a 24 hour period. Fleas cannot remain constantly on an animal and live.) In quantities far more than recommended they would be poisonous to dogs, but in the way that too much celery is poisonous to people.

oh I hope you find a cure soon! Your doggie is so cute, those ears got to me!

My friend had a itchy dog and went through a fortune with meds and things for itch. My mom told her feed it a raw egg and some oil every morning so she did it using olive oil, and for the 1st time in 4 yrs the dog had a healthy coat and hot spots gone! Good luck

If it's a flea allergy dermatitis; all you need to do is get rid of the fleas. Flea baths, flea and heart worm meds and thorough bombing and cleaning of your home several times may be necessary, but it is not something you can avoid.

Avoid any areas that may have fleas, like sand dunes with plants, stagnant water and contact with animals that may already have fleas. Are you certain it's that? If not, get the dog to a good vet (that can sometimes take a few tries to find a really good one but again you need to do it) and really find out what's going on.

I would go to a health-food type store and inquire there.

Have you considered solving the problem by removing the fleas.? Talk to your Veterinarian about FRONTLINE or any other equally as proficient product. Good luck.

Pets Dogs HealthMarch 19, 2009
Photo of a plum tree with delicious fruit.
Natural Pesticide Solutions for Fruit Trees
A woman treating a blemish.
Natural Blemish Removers
Onions growing in the ground.
Growing Onions
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:41:05 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.