Cap Caulk Tube With Clipped End

When cutting the top off a tube of caulking, save the end piece. When you are finished using the caulking, turn the piece around and insert into the tube hole. You have a perfect cap and no more dried out caulking.

By Conniek812 from Evansville, IN

I have an even better idea that I've used for years and it's never failed me yet! I take a roofing nail and stick it iin the hole. It's galvanized so won't rust, and the head is bigger around than the average nail so covers the end well and is east to grab to pull out for the next use.

I use the same principle on super glue too. Only I use a straight pin; one of those with the colored bead on the end.

A wire cap "screw" also works great to cap caulk. It is one of those colored plastic caps you can get at the hardware stores, very cheap; the inside has a metal threaded piece and it works great for this.

Well that sounds cool depending on how much you cut off and it needs to be at an angle. You can also insert a long nail that fits the opening-just a thought. Pamela

Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsAugust 12, 2009
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Window Caulk
Cleaning Window Caulk
baby sleeping
Cradle Cap Remedies
Putting Cream Back Into a Tube
Putting Cream Back Into a Tube