BathroomHome Improvement

Painting Faux Tile Wall Paneling in Bathroom

I live in a rental house and hate my bathroom. It has the fake tile patten paneling in a dusty rose/pink marble. I hate it, I cannot find anything to match it. The person that put it in did a horrible job with the seams and trim and caulking. The pattern is not even lined up right.

I would like to repaint it. I am hoping that doing so will make it look better. I know I will have to sand it lightly, but what kind of paint would you recommend since it does get pretty steamy in there due to the shower and very little ventilation.

I have repainted the vanity white and the countertop with the Rustoleum counter top paint in the wheat color. I would like to go with something clean cut, but soft and welcoming. Any ideas on the kind of paint to use and color choices. I would like to go with a two tone paint color, too, if that helps. Thanks.

By Amy from IN

Anonymous

I would take a couple of pictures of the walls, take them to Home Depot or Lowe's. They give great advice and it is free.

Use a 'rag' or 'feather duster' to 'hide' the poor installation. Paint the area the color you want, maybe a color a little lighter than your wheat color and then lightly 'feather dust' or 'rag' over it with your wheat color to bring the room together.. I even spray painted my faucets.

Coque has the right answer, it is the only way to hide the seams, by adding a textured design.