Painting Faux Tile Wall Paneling in Bathroom

I live in a rental house and hate my bathroom. It has the fake tile patten paneling in a dusty rose/pink marble. I hate it, I cannot find anything to match it. The person that put it in did a horrible job with the seams and trim and caulking. The pattern is not even lined up right.

I would like to repaint it. I am hoping that doing so will make it look better. I know I will have to sand it lightly, but what kind of paint would you recommend since it does get pretty steamy in there due to the shower and very little ventilation.

I have repainted the vanity white and the countertop with the Rustoleum counter top paint in the wheat color. I would like to go with something clean cut, but soft and welcoming. Any ideas on the kind of paint to use and color choices. I would like to go with a two tone paint color, too, if that helps. Thanks.

By Amy from IN

I would take a couple of pictures of the walls, take them to Home Depot or Lowe's. They give great advice and it is free.

Use a 'rag' or 'feather duster' to 'hide' the poor installation. Paint the area the color you want, maybe a color a little lighter than your wheat color and then lightly 'feather dust' or 'rag' over it with your wheat color to bring the room together.. I even spray painted my faucets.

Coque has the right answer, it is the only way to hide the seams, by adding a textured design.

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomAugust 18, 2010
Wallpaper installed over wood paneling.
Wallpapering Over Wood Paneling
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
Painting Ceramic Tile
Painting Ceramic Tile
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes