Why Do My Fawn Brand Cargo Pants Squeak When I Walk?

I recently bought a pair of Fawn cargo pants which I really like, but the problem is that the material squeaks when I walk! They are 65 percent cotton and 35 percent nylon. Is there a solution to this?
Thank you very much for any help.

By Ellie from Australia

I've never heard of 'squeaking' with that much cotton in a fabric. Since they are cargo pants perhaps you're just hearing the noise of the fabric rubbing together between your thighs when you walk. Try washing and drying them a couple of times with a cup of vinegar in the final rinse water to help soften the fabric up so the fabric is not so stiff.

Thank you I will try the vinegar, though I should say the fabric is already soft, not stiff. I purchased them from a thrift shop, and the label in the back does say the percentage of cotton and nylon that I mentioned.

You're welcome Ellie. Please let me know how the vinegar rinses work out. Since you purchased them second hand maybe the previous owners had coated the fabric with something? I truly believe the vinegar rinses will make a big difference. :-)

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceFebruary 13, 2011
Pants with a permanent crease.
Adding a Permanent Crease to Pants
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Cat attached to a leash.
Training Your Cat to Walk on a Leash
🎉
🎄