Clean Windows With Coffee Filters

Clean windows with coffee filters by saturating them with window cleaner, all purpose cleaner, or vinegar. They are durable and will not leave lint like a paper towels does. You can put in an airtight container and have ready to use wipes available at all times.

By lessisbest from Wilmington, MA

What a great idea! Thank you!

July 29, 2005 Flag

Tips for cleaning windows. Post your ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The best way to clean windows is on an overcast day (not sunny) and use old newspapers with a little Windex. They work GREAT!

By wiseinhimmer

I work at a rustic lodge in the High Uintah here in Utah, We rent out rustic cabins with large picture windows looking over the lake. We use rubbing alcohol mixed 50-50 with water. not only do we have no streaks but it does good in getting off the splattered bugs......the only problem is it does dry fast so do small sections at a time. ( this works well in the winter when it is freezing outside and you have a patio door that needs cleaned. I used this in my cleaning chores when I worked the condo in Park City in the winter.)

When washing windows, wipe up and down on one side (inside), and back and forth on the other side (outside). That way, if there are streaks, you will be able to tell which side they are on, by what direction they go.

By Becki in Indiana

I was reading your newsletter about cleaning windows, and I thought I would share a good, cheap tip. My Husband and I have had a cleaning business for over 11 years now, and we have tried a lot of different methods for cleaning windows.

But, the easiest and cheapest way is to use about 10 drops of Dawn detergent in a bucket of cool water. Then use a squeegee that has the sponge on one side and the squeegee on the other side. Dip into bucket, dripping wet, wash down window and immediately squeegee off. Just go around corners quickly with dry cloth. No need to rinse. Be sure to put down towels or something absorbent on window sill when doing inside windows. Dawn makes the windows sparkle.

By Sheila McDonald

I've found the most wonderful thing. You never have to worry about which way you wash or dry the windows. A year ago, I discovered the "Miracle Cloth". It's a microfiber cloth. NO window washing spray or anything else but plain water!

Using the Miracle Cloths, on mirrors keeps them spot- and streak free! They're wonderful! Best of all, I found them in my local DISCOUNT RETAILER (WAL-MART), in the automotive dept., in a bundle, really inexpensive. Believe me, they are the best value you will ever find!

You can dust, clean appliances, mirrors, wash windows, without any cleaning products. One to wash, and one to dry with. No rocket science and the job I hated to do most (windows) is no longer a pain!

By Jackie

Jackie, I agree!!! I just discovered these "Miracle" cloths about 2 months ago. You're so right...only water. I was so excited that I went around cleaning everything...lol I've certainly known about the micro weave cloths, but I have to admit, I thought it was a way to sell something else. I now have about a dozen of these. I love them!!!

I clean houses for a living and of course, do windows. I only use microfiber clothes, sometimes followed up with a lintless rag. I love the Mystic Maid clothes but they are about $12 each but they do last a long time. One thing, never use fabric softner on the microfiber clothes or you'll end up with streaks. I just hang them up or use them as soon as they come out of the washer. I threw away the Windex a long time ago!! There are alot of microfiber clothes out there and they work well. I like them because you can use them in direct sunlight. The trick to these clothes are to use hot water and squeeze them almost dry before using on window.

If you have just cleaned your windows and they are streaky, try taking a dry, unused blackboard eraser over the glass and you will see the streaking disappear. This also works for mirrors and other glass items.

By Robin

I use straight white vinegar and water. I can't use Windex or ammonia or other products because they make me very sick. Straight vinegar with a little water mixed in actually seems to work better for me than anything else I have tried. I don't have to scrub and it is a completely edible cleaning product (no worries about children or animals getting into it)! I just use a regular cleaning rag and any lint seems to fall off when the windows dry. I don't consider streak-free or lint-free windows a high priority, but the windows do seem to come crystal clear pretty easily with the vinegar. It's also cheap if you buy it by the gallon! I save room in the cabinets because it's multi-purpose -- use on mildew, shower, sinks, counters, floors, etc. It just smells like salad dressing on cleaning day.

Use a drop of dish soap with water to clean windows and glass. Works great and no streaks.

By Mickey Anderson from Olympia, WA

Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsJuly 11, 2011
Pleated paper coffee filter
Separating Paper Coffee Filters
Beautiful coffee filter flowers in jars fiilled with rocks
Crafts Using Coffee Filters
furnace air filter
Reusing Air Cleaner Filters
Coffee filter with coffee in it.
Saving Money on Coffee Filters
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:48:04 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.