Kalua Pig

I had this at a family get together and loved it. I got the recipe and have been making it ever since. I like this on a sandwich or on top of a loaded baked potato. Or serve it by itself.

• 1 Boston butt pork roast
  • 2 cups water
  • liquid smoke to taste ( I use 4-5 Tbsp.)
  • 3 Tbsp. sea salt

Directions:

Put the butt roast in a crockpot, fatty side up. Add the water and liquid smoke. Sprinkle the top with the sea salt and cook on low 8-10 hours.

Remove the meat from the crockpot and pull the meat (throwing the fat away). Put the meat back into the crockpot and let it simmer for about an hour.

Serve!

Source: family recipe

By Jennifer from Mt Pleasant TN

This is indeed, delicious! In Hawaii, cabbage is often added to the dish. Served with steamy rice. Onolicious.

Hawaiian Luau
Hawaiian Luau Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats PorkAugust 21, 2009
bank in shape of girl with pig tails
Creative Piggy Bank Ideas
Girl wearing a pig costume with a pink straw hat.
Making a Pig Costume
🎉
🎄