Which Color Cancer Awareness Ribbon To Wear - Categories:

AdviceCharity

Which Color Cancer Awareness Ribbon To Wear

My mother is undergoing treatment for non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I would like to wear a cancer awareness ribbon to honor her, but what color? I've seen red, purple, sky blue, and lime green listed as the appropriate color. Does anybody know? Thanks for your help and God Bless.

Joan from Chesapeake, VA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Red is for lymphoma and lime green or peridot green is for non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

Black is for Malignant Melanoma (skin cancer). I just had 4 surgeries in 3 months and finished 54 weeks of treatments..PLEASE STAY OUT OF THE SUN! Purple or Lavender is for ALL Cancers. I will pray for your Mother.

Purple is the color for all cancers so that would work for you. Also, if you want to do something in your local area to show support for your Mom, you could participate in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Here's a link to their site where you can look it up:

www.cancer.org

Basically, you put together a team of people who want to show support for your mom and then you go to the event (usually held in the spring/summer) and walk. Your Mom can participate as a Survivor - at ours we give them and a guest a nice catered dinner and then they open the event by doing a Survivors Lap.

Best wishes to you and your family as you go through this.

Joan; Here is the Chemoangels.net listing. I've been associated with them for five years now and they are an incredible bunch of people. Please sign your Mother up for this FREE program. It's completely positive and your Mother will receive cards, letters and gifts every week. She will never be expected to write the Angels back. it's all about her rest and positive reinforcement. Hope this helps, contact me if you have more questions. My Best, Angel Amy

All Cancer Survivors Lavender

Bladder Cancer Yellow

Bone Cancer White with Gold Outline

Brain Cancer Gray

Breast Cancer Pink

Childhood Cancer Gold

Colon & Colorectal Cancer Brown

Esophageal Cancer Periwinkle Blue

Gynecological Cancer Lavender

Head & Neck Cancer Red with White Stripe

Hodgkins Disease Violet

Hospice Care Burgundy

Kidney/Renal Kelly Green

Leimyosarcoma Purple

Leukemia Orange

Lung Cancer Pearl

Lymphoma Red

Male Breast Cancer &frac; Blue and &frac; Pink

Melanoma Black

Mesothelioma Royal Blue

Multiple Myeloma Burgundy

Ovarian Cancer Teal

Pancreatic Cancer Purple

Prostate Cancer Light Blue

Renal/Kidney Kelly Green

Retinoblastoma White

Testicular Cancer Orchid/Violet

Thyroid Cancer Light Blue

Transplant Green

Please go to (or have your mother go to) the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society webpage www.lls.org. The Society has tremendous resources including volunteers "who have been there" that you and/or your mom can talk to. I wish you and your mom all the strength and support to help you through this difficult time.

LIME GREEN IS FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMA

Better Living Charity AdviceAugust 15, 2007
Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
Breast Cancer Awareness Pin
Breast Cancer Awareness Craft Ideas
Breast Cancer Detection and Prevention
Breast Cancer Prevention
A Christmas tree made out of ribbon.
Ribbon Craft Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 7:57:46 PM on 10.0.1.157 in 813 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.