Do Ivy Plants Freeze?

Does ivy freeze? I've left it out side in a planter pot all summer and the duration of the winter. It has snowed and gotten below-40 degrees Celsius. I am wondering if it will affect it?

By Chrystal from St Paul, Alberta

We don't get snow but I have ivy growing on my patio post. It gets freezing cold here. It has not killed it yet ,in 4 years. Guess it will be o k from now on, good luck.

I have an ivy I call English Ivy growing on banks around my home. Its an evergreen vine. I live in Pennsylvania in USDA zone 5b where we get temps below zero.

BTW, I've used it in pottted containers, too. And it lives through the winter in my garage with no light or water. It's pretty hardy.

Home and Garden Gardening PerennialsDecember 28, 2009
Ivy on a building.
Removing Ivy From a Building or Home
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Ivy Cutting
Growing Ivy
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🎄