Lilly (Calico)

We got Lilly from a teacher I teach with at school. She is white, gray, and tan, one year old calico. She is a great cat with a great personality!

Lilly is a very curious cat. She loves to hop in the dryer when you open the door and lay in the warmth. She loves sitting by the glass door at night and trying to get the moths and bug flying around the porch lights. She also loves chasing our other 2 cats Miss Kitty and Marshall Dillon.

Lilly loves to eat. She loves her treats and if you leave them out, she will steal the bag and try to chew through to the treats. She also loves bags of marshmallows. If you leave these out, you will find the bag later down the hall with a hole chewed through it!

By kimcar31 from North Little Rock, AR

Seeing your cat in the dryer brings back memories of a white cat we had years ago. He loved to get in the dryer and one day he jumped in after I removed the warm clothes and I shut the door not seeing him.

Later on, I heard him calling. I looked everywhere for him, even under the house. Finally, I found him in the dryer.

Seeing your cat in the dryer brings back memories for me too, & they aren't good! Lilly is a very cute, mischievous looking kitty. Please break her of her dryer habit before something bad happens to her, it only takes once.

When I was a kid, our family had some very close friends/neighbors who had a cat that liked to get into their warm dryer also. One day while they were doing laundry, they didn't see the cat jump in the dryer as they finished loading it. The dryer was in the garage, so they didn't hear anything. They didn't find him until they went back to take the dry clothes out of the dryer & found his lifeless little body inside! What a horrifying,painful, very frightening ordeal that poor thing must have had before he died! It was traumatizing for everyone & I don't think any of us ever forgot! And I know someone else who told me this happened to a friend of theirs also.

Thinking that this must be a fairly common occurrence since I know of 2 people this happened to, I did a quick Google search on 'cat in dryer' & a lot of things popped up, apparently it is pretty common. I liked this link because it was very informative on what to do if your cat happens to survive a trip through the dryer! ... a_deadly_combination_pg4.html?cat=53

Your kitten is cute and I am sure you love him dearly. I do not want to sound like a troll but allowing him to play in the dryer can cost him his life. Too many times people are in a hurry while doing chores. Animals are quick. They can jump into the dryer so quickly you may not see him. It happened to a friend of mine. Her bischon puppy jumped in and she did not find his lifeless body til hours later. Find your kitten a different, safer place to play.

I don't let her stay in the dryer. I just took one picture of it. I would never close the dryer on her and turn it on.

Photos Pets CatsMay 16, 2011
Calico Cat
Calico Breed Information and Photos
mixed beans
Calico Beans Recipes