Toothbrushes for a Cleaning Tool

I use a toothbrush as a pot scrubber/scraper. It works like a charm, and I've never had it scratch surfaces. I use the brush part for scrubbing and the hard, plastic back for scraping. An added bonus is that I don't have to get my hands wet, nor am I tempted to use my fingernails as scrapers. Most foods come right off, but if a little more scrubbing power is needed, I add a little baking soda.

When the toothbrush is in need of cleaning, I just put it in the dishwasher in the silverware rack. One toothbrush lasts a long time when used in this way, and the cost is minimal. Of course, if you washed out an old toothbrush, you would have a free pot scrubber.

Source: Myself

By Janalyn from Snohomish, WA

I like to use my old tooth brushes on the kitchen faucets to give them a good shine and to get all the dirt out. They are also good for auto detailing when cleaning your car. The brush will get into smaller places better than any cloth you might have. There are a number of ways to use your toothbrush to clean. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.

cleaning with a toothbrush
Uses for Old Toothbrushes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMay 12, 2008
Replacing Toothbrushes After Illness
Ostrich feather duster against a blue sky.
Cleaning a Feather Duster
Using a Toothbrush for Cleaning
Using a Toothbrush for Cleaning
Creative Cleaning Tools
Creative Cleaning Tools