Using a Toothbrush for Cleaning

Don't through away that old toothbrush. Carefully heat the toothbrush handle with a lighter for about 10 seconds and bend into a curved L shape. Dip in cold water to cool it down. You can use it to easily clean corners of windows, bath room wall corners, etc.

Source: My frugal mother :)

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

7 More Solutions

Keep extra, new toothbrushes in the kitchen. They can be used to clean the handles of pots and pans, the coffee filter, the teeth of dirty forks, the rim of the stove, and the handles of the oven or refrigerator.

I keep a toothbrush near my kitchen sink for cleaning. This inexpensive tool is great for the cleaning of many items; such as Tupperware containers with grooves, jewelry cleaning, glassware with raised designs, and to clean knickknacks.

Never throw your toothbrushes away when you're done with them. I keep a stash for cleaning difficult corners in the oven or round taps or the plugholes. If you dip them in a little thick bleach, they are great for reducing dark mildew stains on tile grouting.

Don't use old toothbrushes when cleaning those hard-to-get places. If the toothbrush isn't strong enough to clean your teeth, it won't be strong enough for the job you are using it for. Instead, use a NEW firm-bristled toothbrush and save it with your cleaning products for continued use.

I got a large water stain on a leather top desk. I read the tip on using toothpaste, only I used an old battery toothbrush to work it in. It worked great and I finished with pledge. I also use the same toothbrushes to clean around faucets and sink edges, they are great for cleaning.

Old toothbrushes make good cleaning tools. Cleaning and disinfecting them after usage can be done in several ways. This is a page about cleaning a toothbrush used for cleaning.

Toothbrush

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I bought a cheap, battery operated toothbrush for cleaning in the kitchen for grooves in plastic containers,in between fork tines, pot handles.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 12, 2012
🐛
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-a-Toothbrush-for-Cleaning.html