Identifying Reused Margarine Containers By Lids

If you reuse margarine containers, for example, to store food in the refrigerator, and have accumulated several of the same size yet different brands, use the top from the Brand A margarine with the container from Brand B to simplify identification. In other words, no more, "Mom, which one is the margarine?"

By Jeanne L. from Lafayette, LA

I don't like this one because it can get to be awfully confusing after a while. I have a simpler method that I use to tell which is the margarine and which is a leftover.

When the margarine is all gone and I'm washing the tub and lid, I use a scouring pad and lightly scrub the top, taking off a lot of the printing on top. Now I can tell at a glance which is which. I also use a small post-it and write the contents, date put in the fridge and date to be thrown out.

Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 25, 2010
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
Coffee Lid
Uses for Coffee Lids
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 12:17:27 PM on 10.0.1.90 in 992 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.