Removing Lids from Plastic Containers

Category Storage
If you have trouble removing the lids on your plastic storage containers, try this ingenious use of a recycled rubber band, like those found on produce. This is a page about removing lids from plastic containers.

I have a hard time getting the lids off my Tupperware! Dollar store containers are a good buy but nearly impossible to pop the lid on, so I came up with the idea of inserting a rubber band.

I save the rubber bands that come around broccoli and other vegetables for further use. Cut the rubber band and put it under the lid and snap the lid shut. When you want to open the container, pull the rubber band to the top and use both hands to pry the lid open. It does work a lot easier.

Top Comment

Great idea, since I was just diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and have great difficulty opening containers. This will help.

Great idea! thumbs up.

Great idea!
Marg from England

Food and Recipes StorageDecember 7, 2018
🎂
🎃
🌻